[NBLUG] General Meeting Announcement

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Tue Mar 7 14:49:30 PST 2000

Greetings all you Linux nuts!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

For this meeting O'Reilly has asked that we try to estimate the number of
people showing up.  To that end, if you plan on attending, please go to the
following URL and RSVP:

	http://www.nblug.org/rsvp.cgi

Thank you!

It's that time again...our March meeting is almost upon us.  This month we
have not one, but TWO special guests!  The first is Tim Allwine who will be
giving a talk about the infamous editor, vi.  Here's a few words directly
from Tim:

	My name is Tim Allwine. I am a Perl programmer working for IX Labs,
	a small Internet developer in Santa Rosa.

	At the next meeting I'll be giving an 'Introduction to vi' talk. If
	you don't already know, vi is the "premier" text editor on most if
	not all Unix machines. Because of its complexity, most people
	quickly try and find another solution to their editing needs and
	over look the power that vi offers. I will be demonstrating some of
	the various editing techniques that can be done with vi. So if you
	passed it by in favor of something more anemic and are looking for
	something with a little more zip then this talk is for you.

Our second guest will be Chuck Toporek, an editor from O'Reilly and
Associates, our beloved hosts.  He is going to be talking about a book
project he is working on, and he needs our help!  This is your chance to
have input on, and possibly provide content to, an O'Reilly book.

Be sure to RSVP (as described above) if you plan on coming to this meeting.
Hope to see you there!

-Dustin Mollo

--
Founder & President