[NBLUG] General Meeting Announcement

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Wed Jan 5 14:50:08 PST 2000

Greetings all!

This month's announcement comes from Eric, as he's the one giving the
presentation, so I'll let him talk now.  See you on the 11th!!

-Dustin

--
Founder & President
The North Bay Linux Users' Group
dustin at nblug.org

We'll be having our usual January meeting on the 11th at the usual time and
place.

The topic will be basic networking and basic network setup under Linux
(concentrating on RedHat 6.1).  This is actually the same basic presentation
as was given at the September meeting, but due to popular demand (and lack
of enough announcment of that meeting) we're bringing back this
presentation.  To get the most out of this presentation, you should probably
have at least a week of experience running RedHat 6.1 and have at least
heard terms like "TCP/IP", "DNS", "IP Address" and "PPP" even if you're not
quite clear on what they mean.

This presentation is actually the first in a three part series on Linux
networking.  The second presentation will build on the first and cover
issues on how to share your internet connection between multiple computers
(IP Masquerading, primarily).  The third presentation is planned to cover
file and print sharing, but might be broken into two separate presentations
due to the potentially large amount of material to cover.  These will be
interspersed amongst other presentations.  (So, theoretically, the second
one would be in March or April)  Suggestions for future topics are welcome,
as always.

The meeting is at O'Reilly in Sebastopol at 7:30pm.  Remember to get there
before 7:30, since once the meeting has started we will no longer be giving
out tickets for the door prize drawing.

For more information, check out the web site at http://nblug.org/.

-Eric

--