[NBLUG] An update to Tuesday's meeting!!

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Sat May 5 12:44:56 PDT 2001

Hey folks.  It's me again..I just wanted to post an update to the original
announcement about our upcoming General Meeting with Agenda Computing.

I've learned a few more things since I first wrote this announcement.  The
original review I posted was a rather negative one.  I did something I
probably shouldn't have - I assumed that this guy knew what he was doing.
I've spoken with Devin and done a little more research and it seems not only
was he biased before he got the device in his hands, but the device has made
some significant changes between the pre-shipping unit he saw and the one
you'd actually receive if you ordered the device today.

Here's a much more balanced and more objective review done by ZDNet:
http://www.brighthand.com/html/otherpdas/agenda_page1.html

Here's a link to that original (BAD!) review:
http://www.brighthand.com/html/otherpdas/agenda_page1.html

I thought about not even sending along the link to the old review, but I
still think it's worth reading.  The editor of the article has posted
several changes with updated info from Agenda, and it offers a lot more
screen shots and other little tech bits about the device that the ZD article
does not include.  I would urge you, however, to take the BrightHand review
with a grain of salt until you actually see the device for yourself at the
meeting.

I've heard recently from my contact at Agenda that the person coming to
visit us is Brad LaRonde.  Brad is the CEO and President of Agenda and is
also their technology head (aka he's a developer).

I apologize for my lack of research before posting the original
announcement.  I hope this update offers you a more balanced look at the
device.

-Dustin

--
Founder & President