[NBLUG] InstallFest Announcement

Dustin Mollo dustin at nblug.org
Fri Oct 5 10:57:41 PDT 2001

Hello everyone!  It's that time again.  We're going to have an InstallFest!!

Please note that this InstallFest is >>NOT<< at O'Reilly and Associates.  It
will instead be at Sonoma State University in Rohnert Park.  Please see
below for information on the exact location and directions.

Here's the nitty-gritty:

WHEN: Saturday, October 20th, 2001 - 10:30AM - 4PM PST
WHERE: Sonoma State Campus, Schulz Info Center,
       Room 1121 (see below for specifics)
WHO: Anyone wanting help in installing Linux onto their computer
WHAT DO I DO: Go to http://www.nblug.org/installfest/ to signup!!!!

What is an InstallFest and who can come?

	Instead of putting all of the usual "what is an InstallFest" info in
	this and future announcements, we have a link up on our website as
	to what a NBLUG InstallFest entails and how to participate.  If you
	point your browser of choice to http://www.nblug.org/installfest/,
	you'll be presented with all the info you ever wanted to know about
	what goes on at an InstallFest, and how you can get the most out of
	attending one.

	Anyone is more than welcome to attend.  If you need help or just
	want to hang out and talk, you are more than welcome to show up.

What if I want to offer to help?

	If you'd like to volunteer to assist others in installing Linux,
	please contact Eric at eric at nblug.org.  He's our InstallFest
	Coordinator.

How do I sign up?

	We will again be taking signups for this InstallFest, so please be
	sure to visit that URL if you plan on attending.  People who signup
	and reserve a time slot, are first in line.  We've found that by
	taking signups, we can help more people in a timely fashion.  We can
	also make sure that enough helpers are available for those wanting
	help.

>> Location and Directions <<

The InstallFest will take place on Sonoma State's campus.  We will be using
room Schulz 1121, which is in the Schulz Information Center (aka, the
Library).  This room is the same location as our August and October 2001
meetings.  Directions and information on parking follow.

Here are some maps and directions that SSU makes available on their site:

	http://www.sonoma.edu/university/maps.html
	-- Master index of all interesting direction-related info.

	http://www.sonoma.edu/university/maps/schulzinfoctr.html
	-- Nice map of the campus with the library (Info Center) highlighted

Parking tips from Mike & Dustin:

	http://www.nblug.org/schulz-library.gif
	-- Similar to the map above, but Mike has highlighted the parking
	areas, and also drawn a path to get to the right part of the library
	from Cotati Ave.

	Parking on Saturday is free.  You may park in either Lot D or Lot J.
	Note that any lot that is marked as residence parking is OFF LIMITS
	at all times unless you have a proper parking permit.

	If you need to park close to the building to bring your equipment
	in, there is 30 minute parking on the West side of Schulz and on the
	East side of Schulz there are two 15 minute spots.  Once you drop
	your equipment off, you should move your car to one of the other
	lots mentioned above.

	Handicapped parking is available in the reserved lot areas, and on
	the West side of the library near the library loading zone.
	Handicapped parking is labeled.

-Dustin

--
Founder & President