[NBLUG/Announce] General Meeting Announcement: Perl (presented by Tom Anderson)

ME dugan at nblug.org
Fri Mar 28 12:17:01 PST 2003

WHAT:    NBLUG General Meeting
TOPIC:   Perl
SPEAKER: Tom Anderson of the Perl Mongers
WHERE:   O'Reilly and Associates, Sebastopol
         http://nblug.org/directions.cgi
         http://ora.com/oreilly/seb_directions.html
WHEN:    Tuesday, April 8th, 2003 @ 7:30PM

This is our normal monthly meeting at the normal scheduled time and place.
NBLUG meetings are open to all and are free of charge.

Hello NBLUG Members!

For the month of March, we have a meeting on April 8th on Perl. That is
right! Perl- the language known by some as:
 "The Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister"
and by others as:
 "Practical Extraction and Report Language"
while plenty of other words can be used to expand Perl as an acronym or
you can choose to not expand it at all.

Learning about Perl can make your life easier. You can automate certain
sysadmin tasks, create new network services, create new web forms and
server-side applications. With Perl, you can dominate the universe and
make the world a happier place for all people.

I strongly suggest learning more about Perl, and what better place than
with friends and associates at NBLUG!

Come visit us at or normal meeting place at ORA in Sebastapol, to hear Tom
Anderson speak about Perl and how you can use it.

Tom Anderson is from the Sonoma County Perm Mongers group (
http://sonoma.pm.org/ ) and we have other URLs for you to check out if you
want to know more about Tom and Perl before the meeting:

Tom is presently working for Agilent, and has found Perl to be a useful
tool in the workplace. I could give you more information about Tom and the
meeting, but that would be like giving away the secret ending to a story.
;-)

Related URLs for this meeting:
http://www.perlmonks.org/
http://tomacorp.com/