[NBLUG/Announce] General Meeting -- Configuring Autofs

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Tue Apr 13 08:06:26 PDT 2004

This meeting is at our regular time and place.  Everybody is welcome.

What:   NBLUG General Meeting
Topic:  Configuring Autofs
Who:    Kyle Rankin
When:   April 13, 2004 @ 7:30PM
Where:  O'Reilly and Associates, Sebastopol, CA.
Details:

   Autofs is a kernel option that lets you automatically mount filesystems
   on your computer when you access them, and then automatically umount
   them when they are no longer used.

   When I was trying to figure out the best way to set up my removable usb
   drive, I ended up stumbling upon autofs as an excellent solution. After
   realizing the potential of it, and how configurable it is, I started
   setting it up to manage other mountpoints on my system. In this talk, I
   will discuss everything I set up, and how, including dynamically mounted
   cdroms, usb drives (including cameras), smb, ftp, and ssh mountpoints.

If you (or somebody you know) might be interested in speaking to a friendly
group of 25-45 people about something related to Linux or Open Source,
please contact speakers at nblug.org.

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President