[NBLUG/Announce] General Meeting 2010-12-14: Hackfest

ac at sonic.net ac at sonic.net
Tue Dec 14 19:02:29 PST 2010

 As a reminder if you would like to give a lightning talk please sign up at
the door.  We'll go with the first four lightning talks followed by a
general hackfest.

 We will also be holding the elections tonight and there are currently no
nominations for the Vice President position.  You may nominate yourself or
someone else prior to the election.  There are no contested seats so the
current plan is for Roger House, our present scribe, to take a voice vote
during the meeting.  The list of elected persons will be sent to the
announce list after the meeting.

 A.C.
 ******

 On Mon 11/29/10 5:15 PM , "Kyle Rankin" kyle at nblug.org sent:
 Start: 2010/12/14 - 7:30pm
 End: 2010/12/14 - 9:00pm
 Location: O'Reilly Media

 Instead of a regular speaker, this month we are going to do a hackfest.
 Like the previous hackfests we will take half of the meeting to conduct
 lightning talks from the first four people who sign up for one. After
 that we will spend the rest of the time in a more loosely-structured
 social setting where everyone can show each other what they have been
 working on or ask for help. This would be a good meeting to bring your
 computers.

 During this meeting we will also conduct our annual NBLUG elections.
 You can find out more about the open positions at
 http://nblug.org/bylaws [1]">http://nblug.org/bylaws

 --
 Kyle Rankin
 NBLUG President