[NBLUG/Announce] General Meeting 2011-11-08: Password Cracking with GPUs and NBLUG election

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Tue Nov 1 08:21:52 PDT 2011

Start: 2011/11/08 - 7:30pm
End: 2011/11/08 - 9:00pm
Location: O'Reilly Media
Speaker: Kyle Rankin

Have you been wondering what you are going to do with all those
high-powered graphics cards you bought now that Bitcoins have declined in
value? Why not use them to crack passwords? In this talk Kyle Rankin will
discuss the basics of how to use the processing power of your graphics card
to crack various types of password hashes.

We will also hold our 2011 NBLUG Board elections at this meeting to be sure
to turn up and vote.

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President