[SoCoSA/discuss] Outlook-compatible group calendar?

Steve S. northbaygeek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 15:11:33 PDT 2006

On 4/5/06, Walter Hansen <gandalf at sonic.net> wrote:

> > Hi, all...
> >
> > Over where I work, folks are looking for a better way to share
> > calendars, schedule meetings, and share "unique resources" (meeting
> > rooms, vehicles, etc).

<SNIP

> I did a little reasearch into this sort of thing for one of our sales
> associates (she's now left the company) and found vtiger. It's an open
> source project and is free. It looked pretty good then and I'm going to do
> a test setup here when I get a chance. Note that 'get a chance' is pretty
> low priority.
>
> http://www.vtiger.com/

Looks quite interesting, but like *WAY* more product than we need --
CRM, inventory-mgmt, trouble-ticketing, sales/marketing/aftermarket
stuff, etc.

All we want is calendar-sharing features.

I suppose we could try it out, and leave 90% of the features
un-touched... but my gut says not to go for a product with so much
more-complex a featureset than we want/need.

- Steve S.