[SoCoSA/discuss] Linux Support Registry

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Fri Apr 28 13:00:07 PDT 2006

Hi,

As I continue to deploy more Linux boxes in-house the CEO and Board of
Directors are starting to chirp about support and Linux.... "What if you get
hit by a train?"  "What if you leave?" etc.  I am sick and tired of some
people saying we will use Windows because there is plenty of local talent to
draw from.....  IMHO that is no excuse, there could be plenty of boneheads to
choose from and a few really capable people that support both Linux and
Windows.

What would really be nice is a local registry of Linux support companies and
individuals to draw from.  If I could give the board the name of a few
companies and individuals that support Linux locally it would be a big boost
for Linux Support.

--
Mark Street, D.C., RHCE
CTO Alliance Medical Center