[SoCoSA/discuss] Looking for someone to rebuild a server

Ruth Harris phoophh at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 10:04:30 PDT 2006

--- "Steve S." <northbaygeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK; so, which user's are haveing authentication issues?  Is it
> anyone/everyone using the system?  If so, how are you authenticating
> and what are you loging into?  Are you running Active Directory?

Three users in particular are having problems.

We are running Active Directory.

> Is it just WMDB access, or just Quickbooks, that's being a problem?
> Are you seeing any other problems or errors?

No problems with QuickBooks. I think the WMDB problems have been traced to
actual bugs in the WMDB software as stated by the vendor.

> Which versions of ACT, WMDB, and Quickbooks are you using?  When you
> say it "provides internet access" -- how?  Do people go THROUGH the
> server (as a gatewayrouter, or proxy, for example; and if so, what gw
> or proxy s/w do you use)?

Not sure, although visiting laptops can access the internet without being
logged on to the server.

I have had problems creating new users on a work station after setting
them up on the server. They are not recognized from the work station.
Cloning an already working account with the same access seems to be the
work-around for that.

One time I could not log on as administrator from a work station after
having been logged on as such earlier. I had to log in as myself and
re-add the administrator to get back in as administrator.

Ruth