[SoCoSA/discuss] db (etc) --> Wiki or...?

Christopher Wagner waggie at waggie.net
Sat Jul 1 13:47:28 PDT 2006

We also use a Wiki at my work (MediaWiki) to handle IT's documentation,
with the intention of quite possibly deploying it company-wide.  It has
been invaluable to our department, we are still in the process of
transferring data from documentation in other formats (ie: Word, Excel,
etc..).

There are a number of web-based conversion utilities one can use to
convert Word and Excel to Wiki format that I've found by Googling.  FMP
may be a bit more problematic.  I don't think you're going to get the FMP
Calendar to convert to Wiki nicely (and update cleanly, especially) enough
to please the users.  I recommend perhaps going with another calendar
project for that.  The documentation in FMP may come out in CSV (or some
other text format) that you can manipulate into something usable by the
Wiki.

Looking in the Wiki, I see that the converter I've been using for Excel
stuff is:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Duesentrieb/csv2wp_%28en%29

Anyway, hope that helps.

- Chris W.