[SoCoSA/discuss] WinXP -- joining a Win2K domain

Trevor Benson tBenson at a-1networks.com
Tue Jun 27 17:44:46 PDT 2006

Try deleting the computer account in AD that you manually created, and then attempt to join. This account is created automatically for you anyway, and creating it ahead of time is a throwback to NT4 domains.  Short of that the only other thing should be having DNS set to ONLY your AD server, if you have a secondary or tertiary DNS entry pointing to an ISP or some external DNS source, you are probably getting that one when you try to join.

Trevor