[SoCoSA/discuss] Reminder: Meeting Tomorrow Night: Nagios

Eric Eisenhart freiheit at socosa.org
Tue May 2 21:25:48 PDT 2006

First off, remember, it's at O'Reilly in Sebastopol.  Don't go to Sonic.net
in Santa Rosa.

Just a reminder announcement:

When: Wednesday, May 3rd.  6pm for (free) pizza, 7pm for the talk.
Where: O'Reilly in Sebastopol
What: Nagios Monitoring, GroundWork Open Source Solutions and free pizza
http://socosa.org/meeting/2006/05

Details:
    Nagios is an open source network monitoring tool; however, it has its
    bumps. We'll talk about how to begin using Nagios in your monitoring
    environment and how to avoid some of the pitfalls during implementation.
    Also, we'll go over 3rd party tools used to work alongside Nagios. We'll
    also showcase some of the work Groundwork has done to enhance open
    source monitoring tools and how you can start using them immediately.

    Free food and drink (probably pizza and soda) will be provided by
    GroundWork.

Speaker:
    Taylor Dondich, Senior Developer, GroundWork Open Source Solutions Inc.

About the Speaker:
    Previously working in the enterprise network engineering market, Taylor
    is now a senior developer at Groundwork Open Source Solutions, a
    provider of open source IT Operations Management software and services.
    He is in charge of many of the main web technologies being developed,
    including Guava. He has also developed Fruity and Status Viewer,
    enterprise level additions to the Nagios monitoring platform. Taylor's
    primary focus is in building dynamic web applications leveraging Web 2.0
    technologies.

Location:
    O'Reilly Media, Inc.
    1005 Gravenstein Highway North