[SoCoSA/discuss] [JOB] Fwd: Senior System Administrator in SF near Ballpark

Eric Eisenhart freiheit at socosa.org
Sat May 27 11:52:23 PDT 2006

Thought this might interest some of you.  This is from last month's
presenter.

----- Forwarded message from groundworkopensource.com -----

Senior System Administrator

Reply to: mbrooding at groundworkopensource.com
Date: 2006-05-18, 11:10AM

Senior Systems Administrator

Come work with an exciting start-up selling open source-based
software to monitor IT infrastructures. In just months GroundWork has
sold its commercial grade IT monitoring solution to over a hundred
businesses looking for an affordable alternative to proprietary
offerings.

GroundWork is looking for an excellent system administrator to help
us manage, maintain and grow our internal IT operations. You will be
responsible for the health, uptime and performance of our IT and
production infrastructure including applications, databases, systems,
networks and storage. We are looking for expertise in all areas of
site operations ? systems, network and databases.

Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
? Develop and document operational procedures.
? Provide first level support to end users, as needed.
? Proactively monitoring and managing GroundWork system admin services.
? Aggressively automating to increase quality and scale.
? Plan and execute routine maintenance while minimizing risk and
application downtime.
? Plan and execute capacity and capabilities growth. Assist with
planning the overall sys admin strategy

Required Experience and Skills:
? 10+ years direct system administration experience
? Passion and drive for operational excellence.
? Very strong sense of responsibility and commitment.
? Extensive Windows/Unix/Linux systems administration and automation
experience, including LDAP, email administration, network
configurations (Cisco PIX), Windows / Linux integration experience
? Ability to set up and manage network for 250 person organization
? CCNA or equivalent
? Knowledge of Apache web servers, Unix shell scripting and Perl.
? 6+ years experience with Linux Extensive understanding of web
application development and architecture
? Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
? Demonstrated willingness and ability to work in a fast-moving
dynamic team-oriented environment.
? BS or MS in Computer Science or similar discipline, or equivalent
experience

While not required, we prefer candidates with as much of the
following background as possible:

? Experience with site monitoring (Nagios, Sitescope etc) and
performance measuring tools.
? Experience with database administration, SQL, MySQL and Postgres.
? IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at SoCoSA.org>