[SoCoSA/discuss] Replicating a Win XP install to other computers

Andrew argonaut at gmx.co.uk
Sat May 27 16:46:12 PDT 2006

Thanks for your replies, Trevor. They've been quite helpful to
me. It seems, however, that replicating the software installs may
be out of the volunteer group's hands. I just heard today that
the school district apparently has someone else on hand who most
likely will be taking care of cloning the systems. We're waiting
for final confirmation on that.

Still, I'm learning a thing or two about cloning Microsoft
systems that likely will come in handy at some point in the
future. For instance, I didn't know Ghost could be told not to
clone user accounts when it does the rest of the system. Nor had
I ever heard of ghostwalker before. Useful stuff to file away in
the dark recesses of my brain in case I come up against such a
scenario again. Linux is still far easier to deal with, but it's
nearly impossible to avoid Microsoft completely.

Have a good (long) weekend.

A.