[SoCoSA/discuss] Request for Comment: when and where should SoCoSA meet now?

Eric Eisenhart freiheit at socosa.org
Wed Nov 8 15:06:56 PST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 02:07:26PM -0800, Steve S. wrote:
> Just one thought -- how 'bout a library?  I know that some of 'em have
> "conference room" style facilities that can be available (dunno 'bout
> cost/etc).
>
> I've been to events at the Guerneville library, and it can seat at
> least 40 or 50, as I recall...

Typically they charge.  SRJC and SSU both charge for use of their space too.
Susan already looked into one library (Sebastopol or Santa Rosa; I forget)
and they didn't really allow for booking a recurring meeting.

Being charged for a space would mean we'd need money.  Which would mean we'd
probably need to charge for membership and become an official non-profit of
some sort.  (or, more likely: become a subsidiary of another group, such as
BayLISA) Now, there's a few other nice things the group could do if we went
that direction, but it also requires more time on the part of the people
running the group.
--
Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at SoCoSA.org>
SoCoSA Founder and President