[SoCoSA/discuss] ical feed question

Eric Eisenhart freiheit at socosa.org
Mon Sep 25 15:43:15 PDT 2006

Hey everybody,

So, I was thinking about changing how I list events, especially so that it
would show up in the ical feed (webcal://socosa.org/event/ical) differently.

Specifically, right now we're listing a meeting as a single event that
starts at 6pm and runs until 8:30pm, with a note inside about when the
social/pizza part starts and when the speaker actually happens.

Is anybody (other than me) using the feed?  If so, would it be better to
have that as two events, a 6pm-7pm "Social Hour" and a 7pm-8:30pm even with
just the details of the night's talk?  It'd show up on the website as two
separate events; probably have the social hour only in the feed and in the
"Upcoming events" box on the top right; not at the top of the left-hand
"body" like the part of the meeting with the speaker would be...
--
Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at SoCoSA.org>
SoCoSA Founder and President