[SoCoSA/discuss] [SoCoSA/notify] Meeting: Security&Networking: Cobia; Tuesday, May 1st

SoCoSA notifications and reminders, primarily of events notify at socosa.org
Sat Apr 21 12:19:00 PDT 2007

Greetings, fellow System Administrators;

  Day: Tuesday, May 1st, 2007
 Time: 7pm for speaker; doors open at 6pm with pizza.
  Who: Martin McKeay from StillSecure
Topic: Networking and Security
Pizza: free!
Where: Our usual location; O'Reilly in Sebastopol
 Info: http://socosa.org/node/206

Come learn from security expert Martin McKeay about the new convergence
paradigm for networking and security. Cobia is a Unified Network Platform
that delivers critical network and security functions through open, flexible
software. Cobia operates on off-the-shelf hardware and takes advantage of
the latest in virtualization capabilities. Learn about the growing Cobia
community of users and open source contributors, and how your network can
benefit from Cobia.

StillSecure will be providing free pizza and beverages.

Martin McKeay is a well known security industry expert, speaker, blogger and
podcaster. He is a regular contributor to Computerworld, and he recently
launched the security channel for PodTech. Mr. McKeay has 15 years of IT
experience, including over 7 years of experience in network security. He
holds both CISSP and GIAC-GSNA certifications. Martin can be contacted at
mmckeay at stillsecure.com.

In June we'll be hearing about Drupal, an open-source content management
system.  The speaker, Steven Peck, is the documentation lead for the Drupal
project.  http://socosa.org/node/209

July will feature Augie Schwer talking about PowerDNS, a modern alternative
DNS server that includes such features as using a MySQL storage backend.
http://socosa.org/node/213

This Monday (April 23rd) is our board meeting, where we'll be discussing
board elections.  If you think you might be interested in running for a
position, you're invited to attend.  Please send email to
steering at socosa.org if you do wish to attend, so that we can be sure to save
you a spot at the table.
http://socosa.org/node/211

If you're interested in speaking (August 7th anybody?) let me know; we're
always looking for speakers.
--
Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at SoCoSA.org>
SoCoSA Founder and President