[SoCoSA/discuss] [SoCoSA/notify] Meeting: Tue Sep 4: Smoothwall

SoCoSA notifications and reminders, primarily of events notify at socosa.org
Mon Aug 27 20:59:56 PDT 2007

Hello folks, it's a meeting announcement,

Day: Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Time: 7 pm for speaker; doors open at 6 pm with pizza
Who: Ryan Donham, SoCoSA Webmaster and IT Director @ Empire College
Topic: Smoothwall, a "a <http://www.smoothwall.org/about/faqs.php> free
firewall that includes its own security-hardened GNU/Linux operating
system and an easy-to-use web interface."
Pizza: Show up before 6:10 to get in your pizza order
Where: The usual spot; Tarsier Conference Room at O'Reilly (there's a sign!)
More Info: http://www.socosa.org/node/251

Ryan will talk about the Smoothwall <http://www.smoothwall.org/>
firewall distribution.

Including discussion of the setup, implementation and administration of
Smoothwall. Including a live demo of setting it up from scratch.

Time permitting he may also demo setting up a couple extra features.

Other upcoming events:

October 2nd is Augie again, talking with us about replication with the
MySQL database
November and December are open still, if you're interested in giving a
talk, or know someone who might be, email steering at socosa.org.  If you
provide the contact info, we'll even to the footwork.

Important to note: As our January meeting seems to have fallen on
National Hangover Day .. that's New Years Day for you teetotalers ..
we've decided to cancel the meeting for that day, as we figure people
might have other things to do.

--
Chris Wagner <waggie at waggie.net>
SoCoSA Vice-President