[SoCoSA/discuss] snmpd

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 15:13:34 PST 2007

Bill, thank you very much for confirming that my configuration worked
on your end. To be honest, I'm not surprised to hear your conclusions.
I don't think it's a firewall issue, as the packets reach their
destination, but something is definitely causing the systems to not
recognize or permit the snmp traffic from the other.

While the vmware guest OS is not using NAT with the server, there is a
network in between the host and guest. This might be causing an issue.

I'll try to put together fresh systems (both vmware and not) and give
it another go for each set.

Thank you all for your help.