No subject

Fri Dec 28 23:44:36 PST 2007

to the other, but the remote is not responding since it is not
listening on ethX.

Thanks for the pointers, as they put me on the right path. After
reading multiple man pages and howtos, I found another config file I
was unaware of for Debian. In /etc/default/snmpd is the SNMPDOPTS
setting where, at the end, it specifies 127.0.0.1

I copied that line, pasted and edited the new one (after commenting
out the original as a backup), and added the .73 IP.

It now responds to snmpd requests.

I feel a bit the fool for completely forgetting the /etc/default/
config files. I'm sorry for running you all through so much to reach
such a simple conclusion. I'm going to be recording this for future
reference.