[SoCoSA/discuss] [SoCoSA/notify] Board Elections

SoCoSA notifications and reminders, primarily of events notify at socosa.org
Wed Jun 6 16:14:28 PDT 2007

Hello there fellow SysAdmins,

As those of you at last night's meeting already know, we're doing elections
for the SoCoSA board soon.

Nominations will be on the discuss at socosa.org email list.  Please put
"[NOMINATION]" in the subject line.  You can self-nominate.  If you nominate
somebody else they have to accept the nomination.  Nominations are open
until the Friday before the July meeting.

Any discussions related to the elections should be marked with "[ELECTION]"
in the subject and be sent to the discuss at socosa.org.  For instance, if
candidates would like to make statements, that'd be how to do it.

The board will consist of 4 people, who will then elect amongst themselves
who will be president, treasurer/secretary, etc...

Terms will be one year.

I'm not sure yet if we'll do the actual elections online or at the July
meeting.

So, if you think you can do better than us at running this group; or just
think you might have some good ideas and a little time to spare, run for a
spot on the board.  Time commitment is probably about 3-5 hours per month;
show up for regular meetings, show up for a monthly 1hour board meeting,
then various emails or website updates, etc...

No official bylaws or whatever beyond this, yet:
http://socosa.org/steering/minutes/2007/04/23
--
Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at SoCoSA.org>
SoCoSA Founder and President