[SoCoSA/discuss] [Job] Programming / Linux Sysadmin

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Tue May 20 10:53:13 PDT 2008

Subject: Programmer - Part Time Basis

Hi-

These folks contacted me but I'm no longer in Santa Rosa so I'm passing it
on.  Their original query mentioned "Programmer - Part Time", but the
description reads more like sysadmin work.

Looks interesting -- and no sendmail! :)

> My name is Paloma, I am the Creative Director with New Generation Media
> in Santa Rosa. We are looking for a programmer to consult with us. My
> friend sent me a link to your resume - he was the original programmer of
> the systems that we would need someone to consult for.  The ad that we
> have posted on Craigslist is:
>
> http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/sad/681691880.html

Santa Rosa based company seeks reliable linux admin contractor(s) for
support/on call/programming. Participation in 24/7 duties and fielding
general web/programming questions.

Must be able to respond immediately to pages/calls.

Must have experience with:
CentOS/Redhat
apache
modssl
ssh
bind
exim 4
Spamassassin
LVS
Perl
24/7 availability/responsibility
MySQL

Preferred experience:
php
Watchguard Firewall
LAN (windows network)
NetApp
Cisco Switch/Routers
Mitel Phone System

Looking for people who live within 20 minutes of Santa Rosa and preferably
already have access to Sonic's Colo. Please do not reply if you do not live
in this geographic region.