[SoCoSA/discuss] wierd emails to postmaster

Trevor Benson tbenson at a-1networks.com
Fri Feb 13 08:27:35 PST 2009

Does spamassassin take its whitelist (for the local domain) and
basically pass all spam if someone says its from the company?  I just
noticed the -86.2 score and it seems pretty tough to reach a positive
5 to mark spam, and then noticed the only reason i could think of is
that spamassassin doesnt check the corporate-image.com local domain
against a list of smtp or DNS to see that lakefrontwebhosting.com
(probably) doesnt host it and shouldnt be applied the whitelist.

These are all basic assumptions by looking at the headers however.

Trevor Benson
A1 Networks
(707)570-2021 x201
tbenson at a-1networks.com