[SoCoSA/discuss] [SoCoSA/notify] Meeting: Mar3: Citrix Presentation Server (XenApp) + elections

SoCoSA notifications and reminders, primarily of events notify at socosa.org
Tue Feb 24 09:24:44 PST 2009

Salutations fellow System Administrators;

Date: Tuesday, March 3rd
Time: 7pm for speaker; doors open @6; show up by 6:10 to get in on pizza order
Location: O'Reilly Media; 1005 Gravenstein Hwy N, Sebastopol; Tarsier Room
          (behind the big metal tarsier); http://xrl.us/u6vz
Topic: Citrix Presentation Server (XenApp)
Speaker: Mike Gaal
More Info: http://socosa.org/node/853

In addition to Mike’s talk outlined below, we will be holding elections for
SoCoSA board members. There are 5 seats and the board elects offices (like
president) from amongst those elected to the board, so if you want to help
out with the group, you should send an email to discuss at socosa.org
nominating yourself for the board, or show up for next week's meeting and
declare your intention to run.  Right now we only have 2 people running for
the 5 seats, so unless somebody else decides to run we won't have enough
people involved to make this group keep going.

  Mike will be mainly talking about Citrix Presentation Server (now named
  XenApp.)

  Approximate outline:
     * Citrix and its Technology
     * The “Farm” Concept
     * Servers
     * Applications
     * Connecting

  Citrix XenApp is a Windows application virtualization and delivery system
  that manages applications in the datacenter and delivers them as an
  on-demand service to users anywhere using any device. XenApp enables IT to
  centrally manage a single instance of each application and deliver it to
  users for online and offline use, providing a better than installed
  experience.