[SoCoSA/discuss] [SoCoSA/notify] Meeting: SoCoSA's future: tonight

Eric Eisenhart freiheit at socosa.org
Mon Jan 5 16:31:32 PST 2009

Trevor, Kevan...

So, here's my suggestion:

1) You and Kevan join the board mailing list
   ( http://socosa.org/mailman/listinfo/steering )
2) I set you both up with some edit access to the website (just did that)
3) We take advantage of your offers and schedule you two for some
   presentations.  Maybe get 2 on the schedule right away? (one for Trevor,
   one for Kevan)
4) Somebody tries to find some other speakers, and when that happens we see
   if we can't bump your talk out further into the future...

It sounds like you've got really solid ideas for 3 presentations right off
the bat, with a possibility of a second meeting on any of those topics, plus
another talk or two on other stuff...  I think we can go with whichever of
those topics you'd prefer to start off with...  Maybe start with your 2nd
favorite and save the best one for a little bit later?

As to lead time: how 'bout we assume at least 1 month, and aim for 2 months
warning?  I know that putting together a really solid presentation in our
45-90 minute length format can take 80+ hours, depending a lot on the style
of talk you want to do.

So, obviously the first Tuesday of January is out (it's tomorrow).  Do
February 3rd and March 3rd work for you?