DSL help plz.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Dec 28 23:31:49 PST 1999

Quoting ME (dugan at libwais.sonoma.edu):

> You state that you used the building's telco cable....

To clarify:

CAT3 cabling is inherently telco-GRADE.  But this particular CAT3 had to be
(as mentioned) _used_ for intra-LAN connectivity, not for telco (or
other external) purposes.  Thus our use of 2 Mbps HDSL signalling across it:
Anything faster needs better cable.

--
Cheers,                            "I'd say it's latke-esque.  Sort of like
Rick Moen                           Kafka-esque, only less depressing."