Linux Distribution info

Rick Moen rick at hugin.imat.com
Thu Jun 24 14:58:33 PDT 1999

Quoting Martin Hillyer (hillyer at cmc.net):

> Does anyone know a source for a comparison of different distros such
> as RedHat, Slackware, Debian, Suse, Mandrake, Stampede?

If you found one, how would you know you could trust it to be current,
accurate, and reasonably unbiased?

The best way to arrivate at a comparison of the distributions is
install a few and compare.  You might consider one of those jewel-case
CD-ROM collections of multiple distributions available from such
vendors as Infomagic.

More at:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#cheaplinux
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#distro

> Failing that, any opinions that people have would be welcome (reasoned
> opinions, of course, I can come up with unreasoned ones for myself :)
> ).

Naturally, the unreasonable people will, being cooperative sorts,
disqualify themselves upon reading that request.

rick (at) linuxmafia.com  modern-American-English-usage-improvement association