tftpd and paths...

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Mon Sep 6 20:24:56 PDT 1999

Hey all.  I've got a tftp(d) question that I'm hoping someone out there has
dealt with.

RH 6.0, with tftp 0.10.  I'm trying to netboot a box, and the box insists on
putting a slash at the beginning of the kernel name even when I type it in
w/o one.  For some reason, the tftp server sees this as a bad thing
(probably some sort of security thing that I'm just completely not seeing)
and refuses to serve the file.

I've tested it using the command line tool that comes with the server, and
I'm able to grab the kernel image as long as I don't prepend a slash.

Has anyone out there dealt with this, and if so, do you have a solution
other than finding another OS to boot off of? :)

-Dustin

--
Founder & President
The North Bay Linux Users' Group