[OT] Computer dealers, possibly Linux-friendly?

Colin Marquardt colin at marquardt-home.de
Mon Apr 24 12:29:30 PDT 2000

Hi,

sorry guys, this is slightly off-topic, but I just recently (=10
days) moved to the US from Germany. Please bear with me.

I will soon need to buy a PC, and I'd like to hear your opinions
about good stores in Sonoma/Marin County.

I would strongly prefer a Linux/*BSD-friendly dealer if they can
offer competitive prices. I do not want a pre-installed box, as I
brought my old HD with Debian on it with me.

The PC (although I tought about getting a PowerPC, but these still
are more expensive than AMD/Intel stuff, right?) is meant as a home
workstation and not as a server of any kind (I do, however, prefer
good hardware).

Grateful for any information,
  see you on May 9,
    Colin