2 macs and a linux on a LAN

ME dugan at passwall.com
Fri Aug 4 11:59:55 PDT 2000

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, ME wrote:
> Could you show us your /etc/resolve.conf?

If your /etc/resolve.conf has the same IP addresses referenced for DNS as
your other machines (Mac and PC) then also could you show us your routing
table?

# route -N

 (paste the output into your reply)

The reason I ask, is if your gateway on your linux box is not properly set
up, and your DNS is off your subnet, then your machine would not be able
to reach the DNNS for name resolution.

Also, could you paste in the network settings from another machine that
works on the your network?

Subnet Mask/Netmask
Gateway/router
DNS (numbers)

Then we can compare these numbers to what you have in your routing table
for your Linux box.

-ME