JBuilder License Unacceptable? Java development on Linux?

Thomas A. Rice tar at sonic.net
Mon Feb 14 11:37:32 PST 2000

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, you wrote:
>I decided to try out  Inprise/Borland's JBuilder JAVA IDE for Linux
>since it's free (as in beer, but not as in speech)..   After an onerous
>registration process, both at Sun and at Inprise, I finally got to the
>clickthrough license agreement, and discovered that it had several ugly
>clauses, like:

Well, since Corel and Inprise just merged in order to provide more IDE support
for Linux, this might be a good time for a polite note to Corel asking about
this. So far Corel has had a good attitude about fixing licensing wording goofs
around open source.

See: http://www.corel.com/news/2000/february/february_7_2000.htm

--
						    Tom Rice