DSL logs

Devin Carraway aqua at atlantic.devin.com
Thu Jan 27 12:02:08 PST 2000

	Now that I've gone back and reread the thread, I'm forced to concur
with Eric's opinion also, that cleartext across a substantial quantity of
network is probably better ("less insecure," that is) than cleartext from a
shell server to a nearby pop3 server.

	Which makes much of the rest a useful but academic digression into
the vagaries of authentication.  If your ISPs pop3 and shell servers are
together on a shared segment, then ssh tunnelling is preferable.
Securitywise, it'd be ultimately more fruitful to stay away from pop3, or
shell servers, compeltely.

--
Devin  \ aqua(at)devin.com, finger for PGP;  http://www.devin.com
Carraway \ IRC: Requiem  GCS/CC/L s-:--- !a !tv C++++$ ULB+++$ O+@ P L+++