Penguin computing

Aldo Cimino aldo at aldocimino.com
Mon Jun 12 12:29:08 PDT 2000

Sebastian Mindling wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm looking for opinions/experiences with Penguin Computing,
> specifically with their servers and/or warranty policies. Has anyone
> here bought from them?
>
> I must say that I was impressed that not fifteen minutes after I priced
> a server on their site with a question about the RAID config, I got a
> call from them with the answer.
> Sebastian Mindling

Supposedly Penguin has some pretty big customers (if you check their
site, I believe they mention a few).  While I have personally purchased
any Penguin machines, if I were interested in buying a Linux
workstation, I'd definitely check them out.

Let's face it, VA is simply overpriced.

As for specific, anecdotal experiences, you also might want to check out
deja.

--
Aldo Cimino
Contributing Editor