config question

Devin Carraway aqua at atlantic.devin.com
Sat Nov 18 11:39:20 PST 2000

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 06:18:09PM -0800, Mike Rice wrote:
> external modem.  (why not the other one?...it only has one serial port,
> used for the trackball...mine has two, one each for trackball & modem)

Sounds like you may have solved your problem already, but FWIW, serial
mice/trackballs can be plugged into the PS/2 port with a cheap adapter, if you
have a serial port.  That would free up the port if you still need it.

Also, after a bit of experimentation this week, I've concluded that the
2.4-series USB HID code works excellently (I now have two keyboards, one ps/2
and three USB mice working simultaneously in my X session).  Not that spending
more money is helpful to you, but if the other machine has a USB port it does
seem a viable option.

--
Devin  \ aqua(at)devin.com, 1024D/E9ABFCD2;  http://www.devin.com
Carraway \ IRC: Requiem  GCS/CC/L s-:--- !a !tv C++++$ ULB+++$ O+@ P L+++