problems connecting to the net.

M. David Minnigerode minniger at gemteq.com
Mon Nov 13 12:42:24 PST 2000

lynn sears wrote:

> > > output from /sbin/ifconfig has nothing to say about eth0 only localhost

[snip]

> IPXPRIMARY_ETHERII = "no"
> IPXACTIVE_ETHERII = "no"
> IPXNETNUM_SNAP = " "
> IPXPRIMARY_SNAP = "no"
> IPXACTIVE_SNAP = "no"
>
> the ip address is correct as is gateway address
>
> thanks again...lynn

Your ip addresses look a bit odd to me... perhaps more detail on
your dsl setup would be helpful.  Is the router you have a single box with a
single
network jack?  Or does it have a number of jacks built into it?  Brand?
Did your isp assign you a block of ip addresses or just "one useable host"?

If anyone would like us to continue this off the mailing list just let me
know...

later

dave