[NBLUG TALK] More RH 7.0/GCC news

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Sat Oct 7 09:55:53 PDT 2000

Saw this on /. this morning.  Rather interesting.  This is an official
response to 'some GNU/Linux distributions' who are using "GCC 2.96".

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-announce/2000/msg00003.html

Maybe I'm just having way too much of a knee-jerk reaction to RH's latest
release, but I'm >>extremely<< disapointed with all the news surrounding
RH's latest release.  I'll most likely continue to use RH (though not
7.0..I'll wait for 7.2 along with Frank), but boy - I don't think I've seen
this big of a screw up from RH.

I agree with Rick in the relm of RH being a 'leader' in getting glibc out to
people, but I personally wasn't afraid to installed 5.0.  I guess simply
because I knew that was the way the world would be going.  But this GCC
thing seems like a total goof.

Ack....ok  I'll stop wine'ing now.  Anyone got any good/cool Linus news? :)

-Dustin