[NBLUG TALK] Cobalt bought...Sun changing OS?

JC Jaros jjaros at svn.net
Fri Sep 29 22:09:51 PDT 2000

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Dustin Mollo wrote:

> OMG!  I'm not even sure what to say - I'm dumb founded.  And here I though
> Sun had SOME common sense, or understanding of the Linux market.
>
> http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/2000/38/ns-18191.html

If Sun is going to be using UltraII/IIi, then (balanced) Solaris is an
obvious first choice for the appliance. Why not? It's not a matter of
understanding the 'Linux market'. It's a matter of understanding the
Windows 'Enterprise Bob' market. It doesn't make much difference which
thing that works does the working under the Cobalt GUI. It's all good, I'd
think.

I don't have knowledge that Sun has any plans to *use UltraIIi or IIe,
but it'd seem to make a lot of sense, wouldn't it?

-JCJ