X on a notebook (was Laptop Recommendations?)

Christopher White cwhite at softquad.com
Fri Apr 13 18:55:05 PDT 2001

Thanx!

I'm sticking to Red Hat (had a lot of time invested in configuration, and
this notebook has to mirror a development server), but I went to
http://www.linux-laptop.net/xfree86.html as you suggested, and found a
similar configuration, which I cut and pasted into my own XF86Config-4 file.
I then started X and TA-DAA!  It worked!

It's still all black magic to me.  Why could't Xconfigurator figure it out?
Sheesh!

Thanx again!

--Chris

Christopher T. White