ntpd root exploit

ME dugan at passwall.com
Wed Apr 11 20:25:02 PDT 2001

Thanks Frank. :-)

Good informatino to post and relay. Many systems come with this
preconfigured and installed.

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, E Frank Ball wrote:
> P.S.  M.E.  If you are reading this send the URL of your web page to the
> list.  - thanks

Gotcha,

Lots of links to computer security related items from white hat to black
and and some borderline grey hat stuff:

http://mike.passwall.com/secure.html

(Most important of these is the link to security focus for info about
BUGTRAQ - one of the best security mailing lists IMHO.)

If you have more suggestions for security related or legal issues on
computer crime for either side, feel free to mention them. (Problem with
many security sites is they tend to appear and disappear quickly so links
turn over quickly. This page gains and looses about 2-5 lines per month on
average.)

For networking ISO OSI 7 layer model ++:
http://mike.passwall.com/networking/
(Also has other networking topics described such as different between
simplex, half duplex, full duplex, unicast, broadcast etc.) As I have free
time, I continue to add more to it. The hottest items based on hits are
the 5 layer model and 7 layer model. Also covered are decomposition of
TCP, UDP, and ICMP packet headers.

Lastly, the reverse engineering of the netbooting for macs that I
performed and then published 1 or 2 years ago and talked about briefly
at the meeting...
http://mike.passwall.com/macnc/

Constructive criticism welcome.

(I plan to eventually cover in more detail all of the items outlined in
the networking section and flesh out other areas with more details, but
you all know what a precious commodity time can be. :-/   )

-ME