Distro for AMD

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Wed Aug 1 16:31:15 PDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 03:53:25PM -0700, Dustin Mollo wrote:
} On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 02:56:55PM -0700, Kevin Jamieson wrote:
} > I dunno if there are a lot of AMD specific things about the various
} > distros... Is 3DNOW still around? Huh.
}
} I'm with Kevin on this one..I'm not aware of one that has AMD specific
} tweaks.  I can say that the NBLUG server runs on an AMD CPU and runs RH 6.2
} with numerous tweaks and patches...but nothing AMD specific.
}
} -Dustin

I have a AMD K6 and an Athlon 700, both are running RedHat 6.2. The AMD
stuff will work with any of the main distributions.  Stampede might be
weird, but RedHat, SuSE, Debian, Mandrake should all be fine.

   E Frank Ball                efball at efball.com