Can I set up NetWare services under Linux?

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 1 18:50:11 PDT 2001

This computer is running Windows for Workgroups 3.11; I probably should have
been more specific about that.  I tried to upgrade it to Win95 a few months
ago, but it failed for some strange reason that I don't understand at all (I
might have understood it if the error message had not been so cryptic).  If
I can find a way to use TCP/IP networking with SMB or NFS, I will.
Otherwise, I'll have to find a way to mimic a NetWare server with a Linux
box.  If I had a copy of NetWare, I could try to run it using VMWare.  But
unless I can find a copy of NetWare that supports Windows for Workgroups
3.11, I'll need to find a way to make it work with Linux servers.