Suggestions for talks at nblug: (fwd)

Eric Eisenhart eric at eisenhart.com
Fri Aug 10 01:58:54 PDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 11:15:25PM -0700, ME wrote:
> These suggestions come from Warren Raquel, and they sound like good ideas
> for future presentations to me too!
>
> (Sent to me from him, and he is fine with them being forwarded to the
> list members.)

Thank you both for all your suggestions.  I'll have to look at them in more
detail sometime when I'm not going to bed soon, but most of them look pretty
good to me.

I was originally thinking of doing a presentation on playing DVDs under
Linux for the September meeting, but I'm finding myself much more inspired
to go with a TeX/LaTeX presentation.  Maybe titled something like "How To
Write A Beautiful Book (Or Paper, Or Letter Or Whatever) While Abandoning
WYSINWYG: TeX And LaTeX For The Uninitiated".

Hadn't fully decided *what* to do for September, but I think I'm the one
doing it, I'll organize a list of ideas when I have a little more time
(Saturday, maybe).

If anybody's willing to present on one of those topics (or something else),
email Dustin or myself about it.  I don't think we have the slightest idea
what we're doing for October or anything past that, other than meeting at
7:30pm on a Tuesday and talking about Linux.
--
    Eric Eisenhart   Freedom is slavery.      http://eric.eisenhart.com/
 ^  ICQ#: 48217244   Ignorance is strength.   eric-dot-sig at eisenhart.com
/e\ Perl&SQL Coder   War is peace.            IRC Nicks: Falsch Freiheit
---                        -- George Orwell