Which flavor of Linux

ME dugan at passwall.com
Tue Aug 14 15:59:23 PDT 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Mike Rice wrote:
> Debian!
> also check http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/
> for more details

Heh. Yeah, He linked to my page on how to install Debian (2.0 I think) on
a Fujitsu Lifebook 790TX. Of course, the site moved when I shifted my
stuff off the uni's library server over to a personal server.

more below...

> --- David Rankin <david at roningames.com> wrote:
> > I have a Fujitsu LIFEBOOK 600
> > 1.2Gig 166Mhz w/ 32MB of RAM
> > and I'm thinking of putting Linux on it.
> > Caldera Open Linux... Didn't have all the Drivers
> > Any suggestions on which flavor might support it best?

Some of the things I wrte about for the 790TX may be useful for your 600

Old site was http://libweb.sonoma.edu/mike/fujitsu/
New one moved to http://mike.passwall.com/fujitsu/
(Old link will still redirect you to the new one)

At the very least, the mention of the different partition programs and
links to their sites put info provided from that page into the
Laptop-Howto/FAQ for Linux installs.

Debian should work fine, but has a steeper learning curve. The newer
RedHat installs (7.1) seem to do nicely for laptops and have received
good reviews from people "out there".

-ME