Netbooting problems (again)

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 08:35:26 PDT 2001

This is the same netbooting project that I was having problems with before,
but although the clients can now boot off of the server,  I now seem to have
a few weird problems with the initscripts.

1. When I shut down a netbooting client, the server umounts its own /usr and
/var partitions (/dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2).  It seems like there are mixed
umount signals, so how do I straighten them out?

I'm sure that I'll find more, but I'm afraid to start looking until I can
straighten out the filesystem problems.