RMS and nblug

Mitch Patenaude mrp at sonic.net
Sat Dec 15 20:22:16 PST 2001

This is just RMS being RMS... he's always been bitter that GNU and the
FSF haven't gotten their fair share of the credit for Linux's success
(most of what you think of as linux is actually the GNU tool set, plus
other open source projects like Apache and XFree86)... so he always says
it should be called GNU/Linux, rather than just Linux.  He's got
something of a point (How many of the thousands of programmers who
contributed to a standard Linux distribution can you name?  Linus, Alan
Cox, ESR, and ?????) , but as usual he's being an insufferable nuisance
about it.

    -- Mitch