Time drift with an Athlon 750

Cameron Tully-Smith lpstudy at sonic.net
Sun Feb 18 21:08:30 PST 2001

At 07:47 PM 2/18/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I've also had similar problems with 6.0 and would be curious to see the
>group's suggestions.

My problem was solved by setting the CMOS clock (in the computer's setup)
to UTC (PST + 8 hours) and then saving the CMOS settings and
rebooting.  Linux then set the Linux system clock to UTC - 8 hours to get
the PST.

Solutions to the problem may vary depending on whether or not you're using
"system clock is set to UTC/GMT"...  this was the first Linux system I had
used where someone recommended having the CMOS clock set to UTC.

Cameron
lpstudy at sonic.net