Time drift with an Athlon 750

ME dugan at passwall.com
Sat Feb 17 01:15:46 PST 2001

I would check out man for: tzconfig*, hwclock, sdate ,clock , and date

(*-You may not have tzconfig in RH, maybe something odd like tzset, or
tzselect, or tzblah-blah.)

date, hwclock and others may have --utc flags on your system too...

W/o more information I would also agree with your thought of utc being
set, and an assumption being made that yout BIOS is set to GMT.

Obvious solutions would be to either set your BIOS clock to GMT, or not
use utc :-)

tzconfig (assuming RH has it) is a good place to focus some time. The
others may also be useful to allow changes to your BIOS clock w/o
rebooting so much.

Other users here on this list may have suggestions speciific to RH.

Other files to look at/for:

/etc/timezone
/etc/localtime (might be a sym link to point to a timezone)
/etc/adjtime (you have mentioned this one)

For debian (not that this *will* help you, Debian prob still uses an env
var of "UTC=yes" or "no" in /etc/default/rcS . Bet RH has something much
like this too in a similar init file. Maybe /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit or
rc.local or ???

Just some guesses on directions to travel...

-ME

P.S. I know I sometimes tend to ramble on with more info than is needed
for the specific question, but the thought is to offer info for the
general question that others might ask or wish to know.