Flash 5 for Linux released

Devin Carraway aqua at atlantic.devin.com
Tue Feb 6 15:51:11 PST 2001

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 02:17:58PM -0800, Troy Engel wrote:
> Macromedia has seen the light and finally released the Flash 5 Netscape plugin for linux -- now you can view all that content you've been missing.  The freshmeat page is:

This thing also earns one of my nominations for most annoying non-crashing
browser bug: if a flash-laden page is aborted during loading with a
window.location change (e.g. the back button), some portion of the time the NS
renderer breaks, and subsequent pages, in all extant and subsequent browser
windows, display as an empty gray field without context menus.

I suspect this may actually be an NS4 bug (snowflake in the arctic), but
still.

--
Devin  \ aqua(at)devin.com, 1024D/E9ABFCD2;  http://www.devin.com
Carraway \ IRC: Requiem  GCS/CC/L s-:--- !a !tv C++++$ ULB+++$ O+@ P L+++